Saturday 10 September 2016

Saturday Inspiration card for Morgan's Artworld

I have followed the theme of the challenge this time for the Saturday card..It is to use Craft card..For this card I used a Sheena Douglas Wood Grain embossing folder and ran the craftcard through the Ebosser.I then decided to use the reverse of the folder I prefered the markings on that side..Then useing Tim Holtz Rusty Hing,Dark Brown and Mowed Lawn ink pads to colour the surface of the craft card..I only added a small amount of the green ,but you must remember when doing wood there is moss on trees and more than just brown.I am well impressed how it came out..I then mounted it onto a fresh piece of craft card to support it and also to straighten it out..I also used a heavier weight glue for this too as I did not want it to be wavy,so  used Cosmic Shimmer..I am not to keen on using it on thinner papers it seems to leave a bit of a ridge,but on this brilliant.
The image is coloured onto Neenah card using Polychromos Pencils..For this one I have tried a slightly new technique,and done a lot of blending with just the pencils..Also I have done a lot more work on the skin,adding more colours,shadows and am really quite pleased with how she turned out too ,Her colouring is much more realistic..However not too sure that this would look so good on the more cartoon characters I do for other teams,but I felt this one needed more work. Hope you like the difference ..The wood grain and the colours I chose has given it a beautiful Autumnal feel..,it was good fun going outside the box,both with the background and with her too..after all it's what crafting is all about learning new things and growing in our own skills,but most of all loving what you do..So have fun ..Thanks for popping by :)xx

The image I have used is from 
The Flights of Fantasy 
by Crafter's Companion

You can enter the current challenge  Use Craft Card by clicking on HERE




12 comments:

  1. Hi this is absolutely stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Incredible technique in you color application, and beautiful card design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Christine. What fabulous colouring. I have not heard of the CD you used so I Googled and the images look fantastic. Thank you for joining in with us and I hope we see more of your work.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Christine, the work you put into the backing EF was well worth it, and your colouring is stunning thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had my eye on that embossing folder for some time Christine! A great card and well worth all that effort.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. great project thanks for joining us Scrappers Delight
    Jane DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic colouring and I love that wood grain effect. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful image and those fab flowers. I've not got this CD either but looks like a goody....I feel a spend coming on!!! Thank you for playing along with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous card, such a beautiful image and fabulous design.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful creation, love your coloring and wonderful details!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    xEllie
    Let's Color Linky Party
    Critters & Creatures Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, I love the image and I must look up this CD, as I have not heard of it,
    Sorry this comment is late I was on holiday
    Margaret
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine, I just popped back to say thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Designs.
    I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look Crafting with Cotnob .
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your messages..it means a lot to me that you have come to see my work..Thank you :)xx